a truth about being a parent

(at least to young children…)
your kids will never cease to surprise or amaze you.

Look what my little girl brought me yesterday:

Malin with butterflies

Advertisements

About ruthie.voth

Wife of one, mother of four, friend of many. Lover of details, color, good conversations, finding balance, and being honest. Passionate lover of a well-crafted sentence - even more so if it's witty. Weird blend of cynical optimist. I'm the worst kind of woman. I'm high maintenance, but I think I'm low maintenance. Somehow, people still love me. Must be grace.
This entry was posted in vothlings and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to a truth about being a parent

1. NCMamMam says:

Fantastic! We’re amazed that she could hang onto them. Mom, Aunt Kathleen, Grandma

2. Kris says:

how many are there?!

3. ten4ruthie says:

I think there were 5 of them. They were all sitting on a damp spot in the driveway, when she swooped down and gathered them up. I’ve never caught even one butterfly in my hands. I was amazed to see her with 5 of them. She wanted to put them in a jar, but her daddy was wise enough to tell her to let them go. I wish I’d thought to video that moment. It was so neat to see all of those butterflies fluttering off to freedom.

4. Amy says:

Silly nature girl. Before I scrolled down, I half wondered if she had captured a snake like her older brother. But I’m glad to see the girl in her won out!

5. ten4ruthie says:

Still, she’s more of a nature girl than I am. I don’t think I could even stand to hold a wiggling, squirming butterfly. My instincts don’t let my skin come in contact with any small breathing thing that moves on its own.

6. Ruth says:

This is unbelievable! I don’t have any girls but if I did–I’d want her to be just like this…

your thoughts here:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s