Maybe it’s a good sign when people stop blogging for a while – they don’t have the time to write about their life because they’re too busy living it. Maybe that’s true for me or maybe not. I don’t seem to be doing much of anything important these days…
– Our hens finally, FINALLY started laying eggs yesterday. We’ve collected 7 this weekend. (Well, now… Roger just brought in 13 that he found somewhere outside the chicken house. I guess some of those hens have been keeping busy during their free-range afternoons.)
– I willingly listened to Janis Joplin for the first, and quite possibly the last, time this week.
– GenderAnalyzer.com determined that my blog was written by a man.
– Roger’s almost finished with the kids’ attic playspace. He finished the drywall, and then bravely let all 4 of the kids help him paint everything with a white base coat. The final coat of many colors will be done by mom when they’re all off at school. Only one of us in our marriage has the patience of Job.
– I painted Judah and Wesley’s bedroom. The trim is a brick red, and the walls are the shade in between construction paper orange and burnt orange.
– I know I’m a little late, but I think I’m in love with Jars of Clay.
– I learned to sew some adorable tote bags (see picture here) only to come home to a broken sewing machine. That patience that I don’t have has been sorely tried. (Thanks Roger, for “destroying” my machine with blue jeans, heavy canvas tarps and burlap bags. I love you anyway.)