The day after tomorrow is the official start of the happy chaos that we call summer camp. Okay, for the most part, it’s not exactly chaotic, but when I try to imagine being personally in charge of it all, ‘chaos’ is the word that comes to mind. I’m thankful for a competent group of leaders and staff members who work together and run this camp program.
This summer I will be:
– working 2 days a week at the bakery
– babysitting one day a week for sweet little Miles (who will probably be walking by the time my own kiddos start back to school!)
– in charge of the snack shop. Keeping shelves and coolers stocked; and tallying up camper snack shop cards in the evenings. This also may call for a midsummer trip to Lexington with my friends to get more supplies from Sam’s Club. 🙂
– Since I can’t seem to keep myself out of the camp kitchen, I’m sure you’ll find me there during a lot of my “free time.”
– I’ve got flower beds to take care of… and Roger planted a bunch of vegetables that I get to weed until they’re ready to harvest… I like to weed.
-I’ve got a couple of projects that I need to finish up for our camp auction in August.
– There will be countless hours spent either cleaning up after my dirt-loving children, or being disciplined enough to take the time to make them clean up after themselves.
– I just bought myself a really big book that I hope to be spending a lot of time with in the next couple of weeks.
– Look how low I’ve sunk. I’ve spent so much time not blogging that when I finally sit down to do it, I end up writing a list that bores even me.
– You can stop reading this list now.
– I’m gonna go vacuum the study.