m not overly ambitious. I have a hard time thinking past this effort of trying to raise 4 children into adults who choose to live in the center of God’s will. If I can manage that, my life will have been well-lived. But… one day they’ll be grown and gone and I’ll need new goals.
Here are a few things I’d like to do before I die. Once upon a time I would have added things like bungee jumping. I have since realized how precious life is. In other words, prepare yourself to be bored with my very tame dreams.
Watch The Bucket List. This is a small one, but it irks me to be making a list named after a movie I’ve never watched. May 2012
2. Live at the beach for an entire year. (Preferably this would happen just after Avery finishes high school. All of the kids would be out of the house and independent, and they could bring their friends to visit us at our house at the beach.)
3. Meet this girl in person. She’s a lot like me, but more awesome.
4. Write a book and have it published. (This doesn’t get crossed off the list unless an actual company does it. Self-publishing doesn’t count.)
5. Create a Bethel Camp cookbook. (This should happen sooner than later.)
Get Roger to watch Pride and Prejudice with me. The BBC version – the really long one. April 2012
7. Make a quilt from start to finish – hand quilted, of course.